Jumper cables. Love 'em, hate 'em. Everyone's used them to start a car and a few of us have used them to start our motorcycle.
Sure, you can buy a set of jumper cables at any auto/hardware store, but they're way too big and too heavy to carry on the bike. For motorcycle applications you want something smaller, something lighter, something you can throw in the saddlebag.
Top photo shows a typical "compact" automotive jumper cable, and the BestRest jumper cable. Which one would you rather carry? The 3-pound set at top? Or the 9-ounce set below?
- 6-ft long - easily fits between 2 motorcycles
- 12-gauge color coded wires
- Color coded heavy duty clamps
- Weighs only 9 ounces
- Measures 1" x 5" x 6"
- Vinyl storage pouch included
These cables have been field tested for occasional motorcycle use. The heavy duty 12-gauge wire easily handles the amperage needed for a motorcycle jump-start.
Motorcycle electrical systems are fragile so when you do use jumper cables follow these rules:
- Don't get in a hurry. Take your time. Work carefully.
- Don't connect to any wires that are part of the bike's wiring harness.
- Instead, connect directly to the terminals of the battery.
- On the vehicle that's providing the power, turn the motor OFF
- After connecting the cables, give the battery 4-5 minutes to charge itself.
- Don't run your bike's starter motor for longer than 5-10 seconds.
- If the bike doesn't start right away, let the battery charge again for a few minutes.
Hopefully you'll never need to use these jumper cables. But when you do need 'em they're worth their weight in gold.
BestRest manufactures hard parts for your motorcycle made from the finest quality material available and will not settle for anything less! Motorcycle accessories should reflect a level of workmanship, quality, and finish worthy of your trust, hence why Best Rest, simply test everything themselves to ensure their products perform as advertised!
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Adventure Moto Australia users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.