COVID – 19 BUSINESS UPDATE FROM ADVENTURE MOTO
Author: Steve Smith Date Posted:23 March 2020
Dear Adventure Moto Family, customers and friends,
Firstly, all our team, both in QLD and NSW, as well as Jen and myself, wish you all the best during these challenging times. We hope you have the support you need to guide your family through the daily changes brought on by the novel coronavirus that is COVID – 19.
This is a rapidly and continuously developing challenge. ADVENTURE MOTO as a business is doing its best to continue to operate and trade for as long as we are allowed to remain open according to how the State and Federal Government mandate.
Jen and I will do our best to continue to work from our Sydney warehouse daily, and as long as Australia Post is running, we will continue to ship daily. However, we expect to see changes as to how we operate as a business. So while we currently expect to have staff working, either at our places of business, or remotely, in customer support, answering emails, taking calls, and maintaining the website, we may or may not have full access to our warehouse at all times to be able to ship orders under our same day policy.
Currently, we are adopting the following guidelines until we are given the “All Clear” by the powers that be…
- The Eagle Farm (QLD) and Dural (NSW) showrooms are closed to in-store customers as of 5.15 pm Monday 23 rd March.
- Our online store is completely operational and our warehouse crew are committed to practising all required standards of social distancing, staying healthy, and getting out your orders as fast as possible.
- Saturday trading will be suspended temporarily.
- We will continue to offer great advice, knowledge and support over the phone. We might even answer your emails ;-)… OK, we WILL answer your emails.
- You can order online, over the phone and even opt to collect from our Eagle Farm and Dural showrooms, however, our staff must maintain all protocols to minimize the spread of COVID – 19. So pick up is on a Click and Collect basis only.
Some customers are surprised by the increases they are seeing on some products, like KLIM, Giant Loop, Seat Concepts and other core brands. Please note that virtually ALL products imported into Australia are paid for using United States Dollars, regardless of where products originate. With the Australian dollar dropping in value by approximately 20% these past few weeks, and shipping costs rising incrementally to the corresponding cut back on commercial carriers, new prices on all imported products are also reflecting these changes.
We ask our customers to please be patient during these extraordinary times. There will be delays in getting a new product delivered from our many overseas suppliers. We are working with suppliers to manage the process, given that Australia is not the only country closing borders, restricting movement and dealing with this crisis.
So, if you can, practice your own form of social distancing by getting more helmet time. Ride where you can, while you can, before they lock us all down.
Here is hoping for better times ahead.
CEO – Chief In-Store Barista
ADVENTURE MOTO AUSTRALIA