Firstgear Kathmandu Jacket
A serious jacket for serious Adventure Touring, the Kathmandu has enough features to satisfy even the most serious rider. The adjustability of the Kathmandu Jacket allows for a personalized fit, such as the collar using a slider snap with up to 1.5" of play and the straps at the waist, biceps and forearms proving a body-hugging fit, no matter what base layers you are wearing. The multiple large vents help to keep you cool and comfortable, no matter the temperature fluctuations.
- Dynamic fit: Athletic, dynamic, out-of-the-saddle fit
- HYPERTEX waterproof and breathable outer shell, constructed of 420 denier rip-stop nylon and 300 denier high density nylon, durable and lightweight for ease of movement
- Fully adjustable D3O T5 CE Armor in the shoulders and elbows delivers the same protection as standard CE foam armor, but is thinner and more flexible, resulting in a more comfortable fit
- EVA dense foam back pad included
- Collar closure utilizes a slider snap that allows up to 1-1/2” adjustment for a personal fit
- Integrated into the collar is an under-the-helmet rain hood to keep water from running down your neck
- 1.5 liter hydration bladder included in removable backpack
- Front left and right restraining loops for bladder tube make access easy
- Achieve maximum air flow with two - 8” vertical chest intake vents, two – 9” armpit intake vents and two - 9” vertical rear exhaust vents.
- Double storm flap front with snap and hook/loop closure that covers a #8 YKK Vislon two-way main zipper to keep out the elements
- Dry Pockets will keep your stash dry – four front ones with flaps, protected by YKK #5 rubberized zippers on the chest and envelope closures on the bottom pockets.
- Large rear dry pouch with 14” mouth to stow insulated liner or personal property, protected by waterproof zipper and flap with spring snaps and hook/loop closure to keep it all intact and safe from the elements
- Reflective taping front and back increases nighttime visibility
- Adjustable waist belt with hook and loop closure
- Elbow and underarm waterproof and breathable stretch material for increased flexibility also diminishes binding
- Compression straps on the bicep and forearm adjusts to fit you
- Adjustable cuff uses hook and loop closure for a custom fit
- Removable, fully insulated, thermal liner with wind blocking, adjustable, neoprene cuffs to block out the cold
- Interior pocketing in all Firstgear jackets are in the same location, whether the liner is in or out. On the left side, chest high is a mobile device pocket with flap closure using hook and loop to secure – On the right side is a cargo pocket that is 12” wide and 8” tall to hold whatever you need for the adventure ahead
- Jacket- to-pant 10” full zipper; fits easily through liner portal and attaches to overpants
|If your chest measurement is:||30-32||34-36||38-40||42-44||46-48||50-52||54-56||58-60|
|If your waist measurement is:||24-26||28-30||32-34||36-38||40-42||44-46||48-50||52-54|
|If your sleeve measurement is:||28-30||32.5-33||33.5-34||34.5-35||35.5-36||36.5-37||37-37.5||37.5-38|
|Your size to purchase is:||XS||S||M||L||XL||2XL||3XL||4XL|
Firstgear Kathmandu Jacket is available in the following sizes:
Firstgear Kathmandu Jacket is available in the following colour options:
Whether it’s the open road or the road less travelled, no other experience provides the thrill and passion for living that riding does. It’s a uniquely human experience. At Firstgear, we create products that enhance the pure joy of riding. We keep you warm when it’s cold, dry when it’s wet and cool when it’s hot. When all you feel is the thrill of the ride – we’ve done our job.
Excellent ProductBy: Sam on 21 July 2018I've had the Kathmandu jacket and pants since 2010 - have just replaced both with this new version. In my view, the best bang-for-buck adv gear available. Excellent ventilation / thoughtful design / waterproof breathable shell / d30 armour ... and very good workmanship, as reflected in the 5-year warranty. Really good to see it now stocked in Australia.