The Explorer Lite Tank Bag was designed in response to riders wanting something "smaller" than our Rainier Tank Bag. It is 2" shorter than the Rainier and has a slimmer width for more handlebar clearance. The same curved bottom makes for an excellent fit on most sloped tanks and it excels on Dual Sport and Adventure bikes. The mounting system allows the rider to adjust the fore-aft placement on the tank.
The expandable gusset adds capacity when you need it. An optional Top Pocket (sold separately) can add even more. Reflective accents add nighttime visibility and a carry handle makes it easy to take it with you when you unclip it.
The Explorer Lite can be unclipped from the harness (choose the harness type to match your bike) and can be carried by its grab handle. Or turned into a backpack with the optional Backpack Shoulder Straps (sold separately).
Kawasaki KLR Riders NOTE: to mount this bag properly will require the proper front harness for your bike.
Refinements for 2017 include:
- An adjustable and removable interior clear divider pocket on a hook & loop system
- A removable/adjustable bunji-cord across the top provides a convenient spot for gloves and such while fueling. (Please don't ride with your gloves under the shock-cord or you may never see them again.)
- New stiffer foam construction to maintain shape
- New under buckle tab design
- Expandable gusset
- Heavy Duty 1680 Denier Ballistic Nylon construction
- Easy to find yellow cord on main opening zipper sliders
- Heavy Duty #10 YKK main zipper, and YKK zippers used throughout the bag.
- The foam structure gives the Explorer Lite Tank Bag “Soft-Rigidity”, allowing the bag to flex.
- The silver interior makes it easy to see the contents of the bag
- 4 point quick-release universal mounting system.
- Removable exterior map/clear pocket
- Outside zippered pocket
- Interior zippered mesh pocket and key clip
- Reflex webbing accents and carry handle for nighttime visibility
- Non-scratch, non-skid bottom
- Built in the USA with legendary Wolfman care and quality
Compatible add-on Accessories:
- Length: 11” / 28cm
- Width 8 3/4” / 22cm
- Height: Front 8 1/4” / 21cm, Expanded 11 1/2” / 29cm
- Closed 13 Liters / 793 cu.in.
- Expands to 16 Liters / 976 cu.in.
Map Pocket Size:
- Overall: 8 3/4"W x 10 5/8"L / 22cm x 27cm
- Visible: 7 5/8"W x 9"L / 19cm x 23cm
'Universal' 4pt Tank Mounting Instructions
Mounting Instructions for 08+ KLR
Mounting Instructions for 07 or older KLR
About Wolfman Luggage:
WOLFMAN LUGGAGE is the brand that started it all for Adventure Moto.
When I first started looking at gear for myself to ride the adventures I dreamed of riding. I did not want to ride with hard luggage. I knew that the style of riding I wanted to do would either end up with me under the bike or the bike sliding down some rocky trail. So I searched until I found Wolfman Luggage which has been supplying soft luggage solutions to adventure riders for over twenty years. Eric Hougen the founder, owner and head designer for the Wolfman Luggage brand is an avid rider and understands better than anyone the level of toughness and quality needed to survive the rigours of the Off Road. Wolfman Luggage is still made in the USA and the best-selling Expedition Dry Saddlebags and Duffels are on thousands of bikes around Australia. We have customers that have been riding with Wolfman gear on their bikes for over ten years.
View more Wolfman Luggage products