“Legend has it” ... that there is a simple, rugged, reliable and affordable adventure bike. It’s true that it’s a legend. Kawasaki has barely made any mods to this bike since 1987! Conservative? No! Why touch something that works? Outback Motortek were facing a tough challenge when developing parts for this true adventure bike. What they came up with was more than just protection. It’s a series of smart and no frills features, like sandblasted and powder coated surface, 27mm high-tensile steel tubing. Just to name a few.
Please Note: These crash bars are not compatible with the factory plastic skid plate.
- Hand MIG welded – It’s all about the strength! We continue to follow our philosophy: toughness and functionality over appearance.
- Quality 27mm/1.06″ steel tube with 2mm wall thickness – any low quality steel tubing BELOW THESE SPECS will be crushed when your 450lbs bikes crashes into the ground. Our crash bars will take the beat!
- Less is often more. We didn’t try to cover the whole entire bike with crash bars that look like a cobweb. The Kawasaki KLR 650 models have very few tough mounting points, thus it makes more sense to create one solid and compact crash bar that stays close to the few mounting points instead of being far spread out that results in an overly flexible and “soft” structure. It will do more damage to your KLR! Our compact and tough crash bars are the only way to go here to truly protect your KLR’s expensive and fragile parts.
- Tough mounting points – No cutting corners here (either)! Precision laser cut pieces for perfect fitment using 5mm thick metal mounts. These parts absorb a lot of impacts from crashes, rather than your bikes chassis that”s worth thousands of dollars.
- Quality Hardware – These bolts and nut will always and forever look nice and shiny. Unless your bike is covered in mud and dust…Bonus hardware within the package: 12.9 grade bolts for the subframe mount instead of the OEM 5.6 grade fragile bolts! The achilles heel of all KLRs.
- Sandblasted to achieve the best possible adhesion of the coatings – it”s an extremely vital part of our manufacturing process. Sandblasted surfaces will withstand most surface scratches and give you a longer-lasting product.
- Powder coated – combined with sandblasting it’s a killer combination to protect your product’s surface. No frills and tough just like your ADV/Dual Sport bike!