One of the biggest advantages of the Outback Motortek upper crash bars for the KTM 1090 Adventure is the non-floating design. To achieve this, they developed a heavy-duty bracket to support the upper section of the crash bars, reinforcing the structure to avoid flexing and collapsing during impact of a crash.
Furthermore, Outback Motortek reduced the additional weight by using the same 22mm diameter tubing as the KTM factory crash bars, as opposed to other manufacturers who use 25 or even 27mm diameter tubing without proper support.
Please Note: The Outback Motortek Upper Crash Bars are only compatible with 2017-2018 KTM 1090 Adventure R/1290 Adventure R, 2015-2016 KTM 1190 Adventure models.
Upper Crash Bar Features:
- Hand MIG welded– It’s all about the strength! We continue to follow our philosophy: toughness and functionality over appearance. Although our welders make those welds look like art.
- 22mm steel tube with 2mm wall thickness – Matches the specs of the specs of the factory KTM crash bars
- Less is often more – One of our goals was to preserve the low centre of gravity feature of the KTM 1090 Adventure by using the same tubing diameter as the KTM factory crash bars. Many other manufacturers use 25mm and even 27mm tubing to protect the upper part of your KTM but it adds up to 1-1.5kg extra, thus making it top heavier while not guaranteeing better impact absorption.
- Tough mounting points – No cutting corners here (either)! Precision laser cut pieces for perfect fitment using 5mm thick metal mounts. These parts absorb a lot of impacts from crashes, rather than your bikes chassis that”s worth thousands of dollars/Euros.
- Sandblasted to achieve the best possible adhesion of the coatings – it”s an extremely vital part of our manufacturing process. Sandblasted surfaces will withstand most surface scratches and give you a longer-lasting product.
- Powder coated – combined with sandblasting it’s a killer combination to protect your product’s surface. No frills and tough just like your ADV/Dual Sport bike!
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Adventure Moto Australia users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Write a product review