One of our upper crash bars’ biggest advantage is the non-floating design. To achieve this, we’ve developed a heavy-duty bracket to support the upper section of the crash bars, thus the structure is reinforced to avoid flexing and collapsing during impact
Upper Crash Bar Features:
- Hand MIG welded– It’s all about the strength! We continue to follow our philosophy: toughness and functionality over appearance. Although our welders make those welds look like art.
- 22mm steel tube with 2mm wall thickness – Matches the specs of the specs of the factory KTM crash bars
- Less is often more – One of our goals was to preserve the low centre of gravity feature of the KTM 1090 Adventure by using the same tubing diameter as the KTM factory crash bars. Many other manufacturers use 25mm and even 27mm tubing to protect the upper part of your KTM but it adds up to 1-1.5kg extra, thus making it top heavier while not guaranteeing better impact absorption.
- Tough mounting points – No cutting corners here (either)! Precision laser cut pieces for perfect fitment using 5mm thick metal mounts. These parts absorb a lot of impacts from crashes, rather than your bikes chassis that”s worth thousands of dollars/Euros.
- Sandblasted to achieve the best possible adhesion of the coatings – it”s an extremely vital part of our manufacturing process. Sandblasted surfaces will withstand most surface scratches and give you a longer-lasting product.
- Powder coated – combined with sandblasting it’s a killer combination to protect your product’s surface. No frills and tough just like your ADV/Dual Sport bike!
Upper crash bars:
1090R/1290R: 2017/2018/2019 S model can work as long as it’s equipped with OEM lower crash bars.
1190: 2015-2016 models only (earlier 1190 models have their original KTM crash bars located about 25mm/1” lower and those are not compatible with our upper crash bars).
Select your bike in the link below for Video Installations
Select your bike in the link below for PDF Installations
Outback Motortek Upper Crash Bars For KTM 1090/1190**/1290 **INDIVIDUAL PARTS** is available in the following crash bar options:
- Left (out of stock)
- Right (out of stock)
- Centre (out of stock)
About Outback Motortek:
Shop Outback Motortek, protection and luggage solutions.
The ultimate in tested and proven, adventure and dual sport motorcycle accessories. Designed and manufactured by real riders who drop test and torture these crash bars and engine guards on their own bikes in real-life scenarios. When buying Outback Motortek, rest assured that they offer the highest level of protection for your bike.
View more Outback Motortek products