The 2018 Rocky Mountain Saddle Bags have undergone a major transformation. A revised “U” shape helps carry and compress the load. Now 10% larger, these are the largest, most comprehensive saddle bags we have ever produced, the result of years of R&D testing and refinement with a World Class R&D team. A secure mounting and compression system keeps these in place on virtually any side rack using the included Universal Saddlebag Straps, while still allowing quick release from the side racks. Internal stiffeners, held in sleeves, secure the load making them become almost rigid and firm, not floppy. Flexi-Side Panels allow both smaller and larger loads to be compressed securely. And we've added a grab handle on each bag.
Packing and unpacking is made easier due to a subtle tapered shape -- the top is slightly wider than the bottom. The included waterproof liners roll and buckle closed, slide in and out easily and make it simple to keep gear dry. The liners are made from durable polyurethane-coated nylon with sealed seams to keep water out, and are yellow, making it easier to see items inside. Total capacity is a voluminous 36+ litres for each bag.
These bags are sewn in Wolfman's USA facility utilizing our own custom vinyl-coated 1680 denier ballistic nylon fabric. The bags have 22oz. vinyl sides, and one piece back to front overlay. Reflective striping runs horizontally from front to back. D-rings on the top and front of each bag allow easy attachment of a Small, Medium Rolie or a 303 Small Rolie as a top bag for even more capacity or just for convenience. Or add a Wolf Bottle Holster for fuel or water.
For 2018 Wolfman have made the following improvements to these already great saddlebags:
- U-shaped side profile uses a single piece High Density Polyethylene Plastic (HDPE) Stiffener
- Flexi-Side Panels allow a much wider range of capacity, plus improve load compression and create a more stable and secure connection to the side racks
- The single piece internal stiffeners are now in sleeves
- 2” top compression buckles provide better load management and stability
- Four 2” D-rings on each bag for more accessory options, like a Rolie Bag or Wolf Bottle Holster
- Ability to carry a Wolf Bottle Holster or Small 303 Rolie on the back
- Revised shape to keep bags level to side racks
- Revised removable waterproof liners
- More tailored appearance
- Heavy Duty 1680 denier custom vinyl coated ballistic nylon
- 22oz. vinyl sides, Single Piece back bottom, front overlay, and removable Back Pad
- Ultra-Secure 6-point mounting system per bag using heavy Duty 1” metal cam buckles
- Reflective striping
- Carry Handle
- Legendary Wolfman Quality Materials and Construction
These saddlebags will mount to a wide variety of racks with the included Universal Saddlebag Straps. Racks must be oval/rectangle shaped and height of hoop (top to bottom) must not exceed 9.5 inches (24cm). We've specifically tested them with these racks:
- ADVM X-Frames, sold here at Adventure Moto
- SW Motech
- Wolfman (--discontinued, but if you've got 'em, use 'em)
- An Ideal Match to our Pikes Peak Rapid Release Plates for quick on-off
These Saddle Bags also work well with any of these Tail Bags:
- Wolfman Luggage Expedition Dry Duffels
- Wolfman Luggage Overland Duffel
- Wolfman Luggage Wolf Tail Bag
- Wolfman Luggage Peak Tail Bag
- Wolfman Luggage 303 Duffel
Rocky Mountain Saddlebags attach to side racks with the included Universal Saddlebag Straps.
Wolfman took the whole process from concept, design and manufacturing very seriously, to make one of the finest large-capacity soft saddle bags anywhere.
- Length: 15" / 38.5cm top, 13 1/2" / 34cm bottom
- Width: 8" / 20cm
- Height: 15 ½” / 39.5cm
- 36+ liters each, so up to 72+ liters per pair
- 2196 cu.in each, Up to 4392+ cu.in per pair
- Bag: Black with black vinyl
- Liner: Yellow
- Wolfman Luggage Wolfy Bottle Holster
- Wolfman Luggage Wolfy Tool Roll
- Wolfman Luggage 303 Small, 303 Medium Rolie
- Wolfman Luggage Classic Small or Medium Rolie
Mounting To Wolfman Racks
Mounting To Other Racks
About Wolfman Luggage:
WOLFMAN LUGGAGE is the brand that started it all for Adventure Moto. When I first started looking at gear for myself to ride the adventures I dreamed of riding. I did not want to ride with hard luggage. I knew that the style of riding I wanted to do would either end up with me under the bike or the bike sliding down some rocky trail. So I searched until I found Wolfman Luggage which has been supplying soft luggage solutions to adventure riders for over twenty years. Eric Hougen the founder, owner and head designer for the Wolfman Luggage brand is an avid rider and understands better than anyone the level of toughness and quality needed to survive the rigours of the Off Road. Wolfman Luggage is still made in the USA and the best-selling Expedition Dry Saddlebags and Duffels are on thousands of bikes around Australia. We have customers that have been riding with Wolfman gear on their bikes for over ten years.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Adventure Moto Australia users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.