Australia Post Parcel Flood Delays
Author: LT Date Posted:17 November 2022
We have been advised by Australia Post and Star Track Express that delivery delays may be experienced for some items travelling to WA, SA and NT from the east coast of Australia, as recent extreme weather events have impacted the Sydney to Perth and Melbourne to Adelaide/Perth rail routes.
They are working through their operational plans and will continue to provide updates as they come to hand. To ensure we get deliveries to people’s doors as quickly as possible, Australia Post will commence weekend deliveries in all major metro and regional locations from this weekend.
- Due to recent extreme weather events impacting multiple rail networks, delivery delays may be experienced for some items travelling to Western Australia, South Australia and Northern Territory from the east coast of Australia.
- Australia Post are currently reviewing the impact of recent issues on the rail network.
- Australia Post are assessing all available options, including alternate routes and methods.
- Australia Post continue to work hard to deliver all items as soon as possible to customers, however some items may be delayed.
- Impacted customers will be notified of expected delays where possible.
- Express Post and StarTrack Premium services travel by air and are not affected and customers who need to send items urgently are encouraged to consider these options.
- To ensure we get deliveries to people’s doors as quickly as possible, Australia Post will be kicking off weekend deliveries in all major metro and regional locations this weekend.
- Merchants and customers can continue to stay updated via auspost.com.au/service-updates and through the Australia Post app.